Opening the pool for 2016! Help!

May 5, 2015
Hull
2nd year having our intex 26ft above ground pool. Fought chemicals all year last year. So, this year I've got all the leaves out and while waiting on my test kit, turned my water from dark green to a beautiful aqua but with cloudiness. Bought a bug to skim the bottom also while waiting on my test kit.
Well, the kit came in and the bottom is clean. Here are my numbers:
FC = 3
CC = 0

Calcium hardness = 250

Alkalinity = 190 180 was pink, 190 made it red

Cya = less than 20. Full tube and could still see the bottom.

PH = 7.5

Cl / Br = 2-4.

Will try to upload some pics. I could see the bottom a few days ago but not now. Just very cloudy.
ea6d0338051a0e1bdfa91821097d194f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You're fighting algae. Need to SLAM. If you can hold ANY FC right now, that's good. If CYA is below 20 right now, it may be closer to zero. Add enough stabilizer using the Poolmath Calculator to ensure your CYA is at 30. Then increase FC to 12 (maintain it) and continue your SLAM. Calculator and SLAM links are in my sig if you need them to brush-up on the technical aspects. Good luck!

Let the SLAM begin! I am glad you have a test kit. That will make all of the difference.

Get the pump going and leave it on while you SLAM. Remember the most important part of a SLAM is the Maintain as in maintain the FC at or just above SLAM level for your CYA.

Pat has all of the links you need in the bottom of his post.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.