positioning pump and filter for new pool

denno

Bronze Supporter
Dec 30, 2015
Mt Airy/NC
Yesterday my contractor came to grade out for my AG pool. In the process he wanted to know where I wanted the pump located, and I pointed out the area, which is on the uphill side of pool, closest to my electrical source. Then he mentioned he would have to dig out a slot for the equipment because the pump needs to be near the base of the pool. Shortly after they left, I realized that having this dug out area for the pump would be where the ground water would fill and flood the electric motor, or at least shorten the life of that equipment. I don't see why the motor couldn't be three feet below the surface of the pool instead of four feet? Now when the do the actual installation I'll fill that slot in again and move the pump more downhill, unless you believe I'm not in error on my thinking. Thanks for any input on this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.