Opinions needed! How does Jandy compare to Hayward/Pentair??

azpoolpros

In The Industry
Mar 24, 2016
Chandler Arizona
How do you think Jandy compares to Pentair and Hayward products? I'm of the opinion Jandy is inferior but many builders seem to tell their customers that Jandy is the Cadillac of equipment. Would like to poll the experts here. I personally think Jandy is inferior with Hayward being at the top of the list. I'm putting Hayward first based on their customer support and user interface for VSP's.

I have no experience with Jandy and there aren't a lot of posts here about Jandy equipment. It is probably a toss up between Pentair and Hayward on who is the top dog. I think they are definitely the top two. Pentair seems to be a little more reliable and a little more difficult to repair. Hayward seems to need more repairs but is a little easier to repair. My personal experience is only with Pentair and I am very happy with my 4 years of Pentair experience. Nothing has occurred that makes me not want to buy Pentair next time. Although, I did buy a Hayward heat pump last month because they released the much smaller and cheaper HP50HA.

I think it's largely a Ford-Chevy-Dodge argument. I have Pentair, and couldn't be happier with it going on my Third season. Not much of a lengthy trial, but so far so good. Being a mostly residential owner site, most people here are going to love what they have, and like me, don't have a lot of experience with several brands.

Personally, I like Ford and Toyota trucks just for the record. :jocolor:

I have all Jandy equipment and so far it is a mixed bag. I have had to replace a couple control boards, and had issues with my pump and had 6 Jandy LED lights go bad, as well as replacing the flow gauge on the SWG.

That being said, with only a little argument, Jandy has replaced everything that broke under warranty and even replaced all 4 of my LED lights even though there were only 2 out at the time to get to their latest version.

3 years ago I found Hayward equipment cheaper than Pentair and Jandy. However I loved the automation on the Jandy equipment. It seemed much easier to me to use than the others. I have a lot of automation going on and have both the aqualink PDA remote by the pool and also have the Iaqualink that we use when we want to turns things on when we are away from the house. (Like the spa when we are out at dinner, etc).

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. Each just has their own "personality"and I don't think anyone is that much better or worse than the others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.