Okay it Happened, I Spilled Bleach

MarkTX

Bronze Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Cypress, TX
Okay, the subject line says it all, the splash put spots on my pants and maybe affected a flagstone. I ordered a Liquidator. I can buy a paver to put the Liquidator on beside my equipment pad. My point is, adding liquid chlorine directly to the pool is not without its own set of hazards. I knew this would happen. it did take 40 days. I will not make the same mistake again. All in all, I am a believer in TFP, but adding that liquid chlorine at night is a prob. to me.

Ha! My wardrobe is a polka-dot mess.

I DO have dedicated "pool clothes" but I usually decide, "What the heck. It'll be fine...I got this... I won't splash this time...." More polka-dots. I just dislike changing clothes. No; I am lazy.

Get a set of pool clothes and don't be lazy like me!

I polka dotted a few shirts before I started floating the bottle in the pool and tipping it so that the opening is less than an inch above the water and pouring it. Two advantages here, no splash whatsoever and you don't have to hold the weight of the bottle. Double winner chicken dinner!

You are right, pooldv. That is the best solution!!!

It's just after all these years, I kinda-wanna be done with the pool at night... and it's getting harder and harder to bend over the pool as I get older... Polka-dotted clothes are the pool owner's badge of honor!

hmmmm, I know some people just can not bend over to pour bleach, I have heard a way to pull water out of the pool here and I think it will work great for this..

cut a 4 or 5 foot 2 inch PVC pipe, put 1 end in the pool over/ in front of a return and pour into the PVC pipe...

You could also get one of these and use instead :) But you would have to pour into it first.. The nice thing would be you could put marks on how much was needed per day and put 2 or 3 gallons in it at a time :)

Amazon.com: VP 5 Gallon Square White Racing Utility Jug With Deluxe Filler Hose: Automotive

Add me to the list of polka dotted clothes.

I just commented to DH that Atwoods changed their bottle this year they also added the dreaded seal to the bottle. Now it splashes and those stupid seals never rip off the way they are supposed to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Add me to the list of polka dotted clothes.

I just commented to DH that Atwoods changed their bottle this year they also added the dreaded seal to the bottle. Now it splashes and those stupid seals never rip off the way they are supposed to.

Yes, very astute. The dreaded seal is what ate my lunch. If it does not come off properly, be afraid. BE VERY AFRAID. Good to know its not just me.

Ha! My wardrobe is a polka-dot mess.

I DO have dedicated "pool clothes" but I usually decide, "What the heck. It'll be fine...I got this... I won't splash this time...." More polka-dots. I just dislike changing clothes. No; I am lazy.

Get a set of pool clothes and don't be lazy like me!

Apparently I am like you

Lol! I can relate. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.