Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I just got this in. It was very pricey but is supposed to be great at repelling mosquitos.

But. It's sealed and in a bag. AND I can smell the garlic!image.jpg

What are the active ingredients? I can't the image clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

You might want to wear a breathing mask when you start spraying that stuff ;) Don't be surprised if a bunch Italians show up asking where the San Gennaro festival is at (hint - I'm 100% Italian so I get to make fun of my people!) :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

All joking aside, I suppose it will work fine. I use Neem oil on my citrus plants and bacillus thuringiensis (BT) to control swallowtail caterpillars (orange dogs) and other leaf eating pests. The only downside to organic insecticides is that they tend to have low persistence and require lots of reapplication.

Oh, and the neighbor's are just going to looooooove you ;)

I had read that the smell goes away in a few hours but it is incredibly strong! It's hard to think it will go away so quickly. Like, sealed, in a sealed bag, in a huge box & I could tell what it was when it got delivered!

I figured I'll try it. See how it works!

I definitely will look forward to hearing your report on this one ... I have images of your neighbor's working outside their homes and just dropping like flies while you're spraying the stuff with a vintage WWII gas mask on...it's really quite funny :)

Good luck and remember, just a few drops in your next batch of meatballs is all you need ... hehehe ....

"The only downside to organic insecticides is that they tend to have low persistence and require lots of reapplication."

S-baby..does it say to use a surfactant or not? Also, does it say it's safe to spray on plants?

I have a 100 acres at a wkend ranch and when applying any type of liquid spray, an agricultural surfactant is great for reducing the waters surface tension, thus helping more of the product to adhere to its substrate. Also, make sure you read the label and identify what plants can take this product, w or w out a surfactant. Sometime foreign substances on waxy-based plants can remove this layer which is a sun/UV protector I can also tell you that mosquitos love to bury themselves deep into the heart of most vegetation to avoid the sun/UV...These areas are critical for your application to get the pests out of your recreational areas.

Finally, one place that most people over look when trying to rid their place of mosquitoes is the drainage system. Go to the most remote drain, and about a gallon or two of liquid soapy water, and a little bleach for good measures...you have to dispense enough that will go thru the entire drain system and be able to the see the suds in the last drain screen before it hits your street or other. Does this make sense. Also, if you have gutters that have leaves and other debris in them, it traps water and provides a perform medium for larvae production...that goes w stagnant body of water that has 70-80% of daily shade.

Pls post how it works, and just like Neem oil, it may take multiple applications before you get the cumulative effect...bon appetite, tstex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK - the stuff WORKS. We put it out on Sunday and we had a little cold front come through - we thought the mosquitos hadn't returned because of that. Last night I was out delivering cookies to some of my friends in my hood and we were being eaten alive by mosquitos. Came home - went walking through the back yard to test it and not a single mosquito. Seriously it works! Not sure how long it will work before I have to apply it again. But we bought a gallon for like $80. We added 5 ounces to a gallon of water and sprayed - had to refill 2 times. So for 15 ounces we sprayed back yard, side and the front (near the house - but not the entire yard).

I am calling this a WIN!

... Last night I was out delivering cookies to some of my friends in my hood ....

Seriously, there's a house for sale in our neighborhood, can you come live here? I totally need a neighbor who delivers cookies!!

Glad to hear it worked. But the real question is this - do you have a strange, nagging desire to make meatballs? :p

LOL! My neighbors love me. I love to cook and bake but it is just my husband and I so at least 2X a week I send out a text with a picture of dinner and the first to say they want it gets it delivered. I just hate throwing away food and I also hate pairing down recipes to a 1/2 can or such.

The garlic smell was strong during application but gone after a few hours (mostly) and truly gone the next day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.