Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I have a SWG pool and thought it might be a good idea to help protect the equipment from corrosion with a sacrificial zinc anode. My thought was to connect to the bonding wires near my heater and bury a zinc bar as a sacrificial anode there. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sac anodes work best when connected as closely as possible to the thing you want to protect. The funny thing though is that copper (i.e., heat exchanger) is fairly stable and unlikely to suffer galvanic corrosion. You can certainly hook it up to the bonding wire but the things that need the most protection are iron based materials like stainless steel hand rails or wrought iron fences.

You need to bury it in moist soil. Being a fellow Tucsonan, you'll have to tell me where you find such a rare and mythical spot ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Maybe if there is a leak somewhere in my equipment area and I bury the anode there, but otherwise you are correct, moist soil is a very rare commodity around here.

I was thinking of you had a nearby irrigation drip line that would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

My PB is installing one of these in my build. Model 104-D

http://www.pooltool.com/anodes.html

Tell them not to, those put zinc (metals) in your pool water and that is not something you want to deal with....

this is what I used and bonded everything together... This zink anode is 30 times bigger than the one you listed and for my pool should not ever need replacing in my lifetime :) and its about 70 dollars cheaper.. I also buried mine within a foot of my equipment pad where it will get watered by emptying the pump filter, cart filter and purging air from my filter.

I know this "may or may not" if it does not work I am out 17 dollars but if it does work YAY :)

6 lb Crab/Lobster Pot Zinc Anodes: Metal Anodes: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific
Amazon.com: Burndy Waterbug Pool Water Bonding Kit Ul: Kitchen Dining

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.