Advice needed for this Pool Owner Wannabe with Envy

We moved into our home 13 years ago. My husband promised me a pool - built-in no less! But we still don't have one. I found on a garage sale on Facebook a Kayak Pool 12 x 24 that is about 29 years old. Everything looks great- no rust, new liner- except the deck is wee bit flexible. Can the wide end of the deck be replaced? The seller is asking only $600! I think it is a good deal, but the husband doesn't. He sees only the need to take it down and put it up again.
She is selling it with the a solar cover, the solar cover reel, a great winter cover (the kind an elephant can stand on for built-ins), all the cleaning supplies and the original filter that purportedly works great.
We went new pool hunting and found a close out 24' round, resin coated steel framing for $3316 plus installation cost of about $1000. I had hoped the sticker shock would entice hi to the used pool, but he thinks the new one a better deal. That cost is without a deck too!
Is the Kayak a good deal? Can we replace the decking at the wide end? I much prefer to pay cash and get new things for the Kayak each year as we need it. $4000 seems like it is just too much- especially in light of no deck.
Any advice would be appreciated.

hmmm, I would go with new, your cost saving will soon be depleted as you replace old stuff.. at 29 years old if something breaks you probably will not be able to repalce it and now you paid for a pool and deck you can not use...

Decks can be spendy, start with a ladder, then small deck, then add to it as needed or funds become available... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.