pool accessories

kidsluv2swim

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2008
We are in Mass and getting ready to open our pool. It was installed last year so this is our first opening! :-D I am interested in getting some steps, the ladder we had is a piece of junk! I was thinking about the majestic 8000 found here http://www.innovaplas.com/en/s.php?s=2819544474 any thought on these?
also, I am considering buying a solar cover, to help warm up the water. my pool is in direct sun ALL day long. would the 8mm be okay for us?

Thanks!

Those steps look good. We've got some that are similar to those.
I like the removable sand weight, ours the weights (3) are attached to the inside of the steps making it quite heavy and hard to get over the side of the pool when I take them out. I also like the feet on those, they look like it should get good circulation.
I've just drilled quite a few holes in ours to try and improve circulation.
I would recomend keeping a close eye on the underside of the steps to make sure leaves and what not isn't accumilating there.

I have InnovaPlas wedding cake steps (the older version) and like them a lot. The older version is quite a handful to get in the water and then get weight in the steps to sink it (via the cutout in the back), but worth it in the end. Note that the railing is made to connect to the deck with screws. Also, leave a few inches between the back of the steps and the inside pool wall so you don't interfere with the circulation pattern and get stagnant water. I didn't have any algae problems (under, around, or inside) but nevertheless I'm going to drill some more holes in the sides to improve flow through the step cavities and avoid stagnant water. I wish that I had those suction feet in the new ones for that same reason. They make a light that fits into one of the steps which is a clean way of getting an underwater light in an AGP.

Kelly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.