Finally got one coming

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
I ended up going with Dolphin Primal X3 robot cleaner. Got in on Amazon, being shipped from the Backyard Pool superstore out of Florida. I checked and double checked to make sure I get the two year warranty. The Backyard Pool Superstore is an authorized dealer for Dolphin products.

My Dolphin came late yesterday afternoon. Fast shipping from the Pool Superstore. The directions were pretty much non-existent in the box, so I had to come in to use the computer to get the manual for the cleaner. After reading a few things, I put it into actions. I am just blown away at how well this thing did right out of the box. I knew I had a few spots of dirt and debris I could see in the pool, but I knew cleaner was coming, so I didn't bother to vacuum it up. I ran it through one complete cycle (3 hours) and the cleaner did everything it was supposed to do. It never got caught on the main drains, it did climb the walls (it is not supposed to climb the wall every time it meets the wall). It would come up about 18 inches on the wall then go back down. It did climb to the waterline about every 10th time it came in contact with wall. After one use, I am very happy with it, and time will tell how long it will last. I'm going to try to post a pic of the filter after it was done. (Remember my pool looked very very good except for a spot or two)

- - - Updated - - -

Another pic.

Wow, thats amazing! We threw our Polaris 380 in yesterday and its performance was pretty bad. It picked up leaves, etc, but it kept getting hung up on the sunshelf and bench seat. Time to order a robot. Was wondering why you chose this particular model?

Wow, thats amazing! We threw our Polaris 380 in yesterday and its performance was pretty bad. It picked up leaves, etc, but it kept getting hung up on the sunshelf and bench seat. Time to order a robot. Was wondering why you chose this particular model?

I researched a lot, and I was on about a 700.00 budget. After reading reviews I liked this one a lot. I ended up getting it for 599.99, and free shipping, so I saved a 100.00 to boot!

By looking at the pool, it really looked good. Like I said, I knew there was a couple places of stuff, but this amazed me!!!!!

If yours makes you half as happy as mine makes me, you'll be a believer. Robots are awesome. I may come back and post some of my pics like that. They work I tell you! Going on three years, and Ive vacuumed only a few times before my Robot came.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you know if you get the warranty if ordering direct from amazon? As in the Amazon prime version?

Amazon has there price listed as 606.00. Under the price there is another choice for 599.99. Click on that one, and then click on buy from Backyard Pool Superstore. They are an authorized dealer and the 2 year warranty is valid. I called Maytronics, who makes Dolphin products, and they verified the warranty would be good.

Amazon has there price listed as 606.00. Under the price there is another choice for 599.99. Click on that one, and then click on buy from Backyard Pool Superstore. They are an authorized dealer and the 2 year warranty is valid. I called Maytronics, who makes Dolphin products, and they verified the warranty would be good.

After I posted that I saw in a review that someone didn't have trouble with the warranty after buying from amazon, I want it asap so I was willing to pay the extra six bucks for Tuesday delivery. But then I got to check out and realized I was going to have to pay over $50 in tax! So I ended up getting the backyard superstore one tax free :)

I have had one a little over 2 years and love it. The only down side to it, is the mesh filters rip after a while. I ended up getting the Maytronics Dolphin 99954307-RK1 Filter Bag Conversion Kit for it off of Ebay, and have not had any more issues with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.