Lost the Cord to New Aqua Light 8 Inches from Top of J. Box :-(

arizona480

In The Industry
Mar 10, 2013
So I probably didn't do the best job attaching the new light to the rope as it was getting dark since I lost it about 8 inches away from the top of the junction box (rope pulled out) and I didn't squeeze any soap the j-box side as I usually do. I ended up having to just pull out the entire length of new light cord out to start over again.

I tried the fish tape to re-feed my rope, but I can't get out of either side I tried and I know it's hanging up just at the niche on the light side and just at the bend up on the j-box side. Do any of you have any tricks or other methods to get a clear feed through? About a 25 ft. run. Is there anything better than fish tape?

If the fishing line doesn't work...I was in a backyard that was being prepped for a wedding a while back and they had bought three intellibrite fixtures just for this wedding. The furthest run was about 120' and we were having no luck with it. I ran a fish tape from the niche to the furthest point it would go, then got another fish tape, made a hook in it and went in from the junction box. Hooked the tape coming from the niche after a few minutes and pulled it the rest of the way from there. Took the original fish tape completely out of the roll and finished pulling it through with the light cord hooked on. Happiest I have ever been to get a light pulled.

I use Richard's method all the time when having to do this. I use a wadded up ball of paper the just a bit smaller than the size of the conduit with a string attached and a shop vac. either end of the conduit works well. One key to all of this though is the conduit needs to have been installed with the ends properly de-burred/reamed.

Shop vac trick will work. Also maybe use a nylon fish tape as they tend to be thinner and more flexible. Harbor Freight has one for $8.

Nylon string used for laying bricks, tie a knot on the end and blow it through with a hose nozzle. best to use the little brass nozzle found at most hardware stores, a valve before the nozzle is nice if you need to quickly shut of water. if wires go into a sub panel just undo fitting and move conduit to the side, would not recommend getting sub panel components wet. once the string is through tie it to fishing tape and continue pulling it through. should be done with a helper pulling as you push fish tape

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.