Old Skool pool owner here!

Mar 23, 2016
Macon GA
We've had three pools: a 12'x24' Intex above-ground with cartridge filter; a 30' round above-ground with sand filter, and now, our 20'x40' in-ground concrete/vinyl lining with DE filter.

We've lived in this house for 7 years and have learned A LOT about pools because this one was built in 1985 and it requires constant maintenance.

One day we hope to replace the entire system and go Saltwater, but we're waiting til we have to replace the vinyl again, and then we're doing some renovating to the pool and pipes as well. So until then, we're nursing this baby along. :crazy:

Anyway, just heard about this forum and thought I'd stop in.

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Now that you've found us, spend some time in Pool School and get a feel for the methods we teach here. The core of our methods are reliable home based testing and only using what your pool needs based on that testing.

Hey almost neighbor! I have been to and through you town many times in my travels!

You will LOVE taking care of your pool the TFP way! Look up at the top of the page and you will find the button/bar that says Pool School. That will have so MUCH info for you to read and read and read. Once you have read it a few times come back and ask ALL of the questions you will have!

Kim