I know nothing.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

A little more information may help us point you in the right direction. Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Then, let us know how it looks now - clear, cloudy, a green swamp.....

We can teach you how to get it sparkling and keep it that way for a lot less money than the pool store.

While thinkg about pool stores, not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 test kit. This kit uses the Taylor Technologies reagents and is the best in the business. If your pool is clear now that kit will give you what you probably need a couple of years normal use.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework assignment. Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

So again, welcome to TFP!!

Welcome to TFP!

It is definitely overwhelming at first. But, once you dig in and start managing your water it becomes very simple and an easy routine.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

A little more information may help us point you in the right direction. Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Then, let us know how it looks now - clear, cloudy, a green swamp.....

We can teach you how to get it sparkling and keep it that way for a lot less money than the pool store.

While thinkg about pool stores, not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 test kit. This kit uses the Taylor Technologies reagents and is the best in the business. If your pool is clear now that kit will give you what you probably need a couple of years normal use.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework assignment. Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

So again, welcome to TFP!!
Thanks everyone.

I can't add stuff to my signature because I don't know anything, lol. To get numbers, you have to test and I don't know how. To tell things about my pool or mechanical stuff, I'd have to know it and I don't.

I need erd a vacuum, I guess. There's gunk in it. That's all I know.

But thanks for the links. I'm poking around. :)

You should be able to add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

For your pool parts and pool, post some pics for us. Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

Lastly, please consider ordering a TF-100 test kit (link in my sig). The instructions are great, and we have videos to help as well. Everything you do for your water and pool start with that test kit. Welcome to TFP!

- - - Updated - - -

Took me a minute ,,, Sgt Schultz .... "I know nothing!" I miss that show. :)