My Pool Adventure: Southeast Louisiana

Mar 21, 2016
South Louisiana
So here are pics of my bare backyard. Hubby & I just finished building our home and moved in December... actually should say "I" just built it, he did nothing haha! Anyway, I'm looking for help from all of you experts out there please. I hope to get the pool construction underway soon & will be signing a contract with pool company tomorrow evening. The company doesn't itemize the prices but will itemize what is being sold on the contract with one lump sum (bundle deal).... I'm fine with that but what does everyone else think? Anyway, excited to get underway and look forward to sharing with everyone and getting much needed advice!

Back towards house.JPG. Backyard.JPG

LOL on YOU building the house. That is how it would be if we did one. So long as it has a 'fride for the beer he would be good!

I love the shape of the pool. Will you do the two colored deck? I like it!

Kim

I, too, have a freeform fiblerglass pool and love it. My build was a complete nightmare, however. So the best piece of advice that I can give you is to look at the "draw schedule" very carefully. If at all possible, you want to hold as much money back as possible until everything is complete and to your satisfaction.

My pool builder wanted the majority of the money when the pool went in the hole. After that was done, it was like pulling teeth to get them to complete the project. Just a word of caution. I'm sure most PB's are not like that and I'm quite sure that none of them are as bad as mine was. But better safe than sorry.

Good advice... thanks! That was true of my home build too. Once those subs were paid, they were in no rush to come back. I'm delighted to hear that you love your pool though. I'm so scared about cracks since I read a horror story from a poster on here who lives near my area. But I'm using a different pool company so I hope it's a smooth process.

I'm happy with my color decision... no turning back now since the pool & spa have been ordered. My PB called me today to make sure 8 jets in the spa is enough. He said it would give me lots of water movement.

Just curious if anyone has an opinion on lit bubblers in the splash deck. Right now I just have 2 regular bubblers there but he is going to price lit ones b/c that's what I wanted. Would it be worth the money? In addition I have 2 lit deck jets on entire pool.
Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Magnum,
I notice in your sig quote that you have a Hayward variable speed pump (as does a previous poster in this thread)... my PB is including a regular Hayward 1.5HP. He said if I want variable speed I could get it ($700 extra) but he felt I didn't need it & that it's a selling gimmick. What are your thoughts since you have one?
TIA

GetFileAttachment

I tried photobucket but it wouldn't work & I have tons of pics! It says that I have "invalid file error".

Anyway, giving update: my pool is in the ground filled with water. The tile is starting tomorrow & spa will be built Friday. Next week I should be ready for concrete.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.