Intex Sand Filter/Pump Placement Question

rdy2fly

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Wichita KS
Hello all! This is my first question on this great forum. I've been perusing this site for almost a year now in anticipation of putting my very first pool up! I purchased my pool last summer but am just now getting to the point where I will be able to put it up for the first time, hopefully next month!
My question is, does anyone know exactly how far up from the bottom of these Intex/Coleman pools the Intake and Return holes are? Here is what I'm thinking of doing and not sure if it will work or not:
My back yard is sloped, and where I am wanting to put the pump and SWG is 40 feet from the pool. I planned on hard plumbing everything, and burying the pvc, and as I've measured with some twine and a string level, where the pump would sit and where the side of the pool is, the level height is a difference of exactly 3' 6" from the bottom of the pool (the pool sitting lower than the pump 40 feet away). I'm under the impression that these Intex pumps are not self priming, so I'm hoping that if the intake is more than 3' 6" from the bottom of the pool this would work. My pool is still in the box :(
If it makes any difference I am also planning on cutting a through-wall skimmer as well.
Hopefully this makes sense what I'm asking.

Congrats on the pool!

I don't know what the measurement is but you are correct that the pump is not self priming and that it must be below the water level. But, it doesn't necessarily have to be below the outlet level, just below the water level.

Here is a crude drawing of what I was trying to explain :)
6bdd033faabf13c5b50a6794c042602f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.