opening question..

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
My pool water was well below the skimmer and upon opening today I discovered it was full of algae.

I filled the pool yesterday back up to the correct level. I really feel no need for a SLAM as the rest of the pool was fine. I already brushed and vacuumed the pool and everything is looking great.

Is a SLAM in order or just a really good brushing in the skimmer box all it will need?

So you're saying that you only noticed the skimmer full of algae, is that correct? Still, I would prepare to SLAM. If your skimmer was infested with organics, more than likely other dark hiding spots are as well, and they require constant, higher SLAM FC to kill and remove them. The good thing is that if your overall pool looks good, a SLAM shouldn't take quite as long. Not like if your entire pool looked like pea soup. :) I would clean things up where you can see them, bump-up FC and at least do an OCLT. Compare that with your CC reading. If all is well, then you dodged a SLAM bullet. :)

So you're saying that you only noticed the skimmer full of algae, is that correct? Still, I would prepare to SLAM. If your skimmer was infested with organics, more than likely other dark hiding spots are as well, and they require constant, higher SLAM FC to kill and remove them. The good thing is that if your overall pool looks good, a SLAM shouldn't take quite as long. Not like if your entire pool looked like pea soup. :) I would clean things up where you can see them, bump-up FC and at least do an OCLT. Compare that with your CC reading. If all is well, then you dodged a SLAM bullet. :)

Yes the skimmer box was full of algae and crud. The water in the pool itself was substantially lower. My pool was a mess, we had a lot of rain after Christmas and my liner pulled out of the track and floated. I got a lot of ground water in the pool. Surprisingly, I still had CL a whole 2! We have vacuumed and brushed the whole pool twice as well as one have one backwash under out belt for the season and it is only day one:)

Thnx,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.