Pump Leak

jeremysm1

Bronze Supporter
Nov 12, 2015
Scottsdale/AZ
I truly can't believe how many issues are simultaneously going on in my pool. I've now discovered a small leak in the water feature pool pump. STA-RITE Model #MPRA6E - 147L. It's a 1hp unit and about 8 years old. I'll attach a couple pics of the unit, one has the area where the leak is occurring. Is this just an O-ring type of repair typically? Is it easy enough or do I need a professional to come out? Anyone know the parts required, or recommended, to change when I have this open? Thanks!20160322_120659.jpg20160322_120643_HDR.jpg

Holy smokes! Between bubbles, uncooperative ping pong balls, and pumps, you are off to a challenging start this season. Pump repairs are not my strongest suit, but depending upon the age and expected efficiency of your 1hp pump, they can be rebuilt and new internal seals applied. If you don't get some good feedback soon, we'll bump this post again. Hang in there! Might be time to crack a cold one and just watch the sunset. :cheers:

That helps! I'll call Pentair tomorrow to see if I just need that O-ring/seal plate. Pat, I just can't believe that I actually paid someone and apparently my equipment has been so neglected. Very glad that I took the leap of faith to get involved with my own pool. Thanks for your (and the others) help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.