Skimmer net

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
I'm not even sure what the thing is called, but I'm in need of advice on a good pool skimmer net (not the kind you lay out over the winter cover, but the kind on the pole one uses daily to clean out debris)! We had one a few years ago that I loved, but can't seem to find another like it. It had a flattened edge on one side or the rim, and quite a large surface area. Anyone have one they really like?

There are two types, a skimmer net which is fairly flat mesh, kind of like a giant fly-swatter. The other type is called a leaf rake which is more like a large, elongated dip net.

I have a Stanley leaf rake and it works OK. I have an old crusty skimmer net but I rarely use that.

tftestkits.net (associated with the site owners here) sells both types but I do not have any experience with those. TFTestkits.net

I have both, the only time anyone uses the flat one is if someone is helping me. I just bought my house in the fall, so my experience has been trying to remove a lot of leaves in the shortest time possible. The leaf rake is definitely the tool for that. Mine is really cheap and needs to be replaced. I'm looking forward to what other people have to suggest.

CeLrteCUkAAbB0w.jpg:large

I bought the fly-swagger style at WalMart to replace the one I have that's starting to tear. I'm hoping it will last a season. I'm able to get 90% of stuff while it's still floating, so a leaf rake isn't a necessity for me. I've also been able to use the brush to stir up the few leaves that do fine their way to the bottom so I can then catch them with the swatter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.