Need A Clorox Bottle Holder - Calling All PVC Engineers

MarkTX

Bronze Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Cypress, TX
Okay it is hard for me to lean down, which impedes me from adding bleach to my pool as regularly as I want. We need a Clorox bottle holder that makes it easier for adding bleach, for those that need it. I am thinking a (contraption?) device made out of PVC, since PVC is so easy to work with, and available, and is already present in our pools. I believe the goal is to add bleach slowly, with no splashes or spills. I would love to see what you have come up with, or can come up with. I am an engineer also, but not mechanical, and certainly not PVC. I will work on this also.

Sounds like it is time to automate your chlorine addition with a peristaltic pump or SWG ;)

I am just afraid that trying to pour bleach while standing greatly increases the odds of something going wrong.

Do you have a ladder, where you could just cable-tie a funnel with some vinyl tuning to it?

OR

Find a threaded adaptor that fits through one of the holes in your skimmer lid. Insert it, then screw a threaded coupling underneath to secure it. Glue a length of pipe in and you have a nice long handle to lift the skimmer lid with as well as a place to set the funnel while you're pouring bleach.

bleachfill.jpg

Ok i am am going to withdraw the question, I just added a gal of bleach and it was not that hard for me. Seems I am getting stronger, or more limber. But the old timers may still need our help. Just sayin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.