Hello, I'm about ready to fill in my pool (with dirt)....

Hi Justin,

Welcome to TFP! Why don't you start a new thread in the Just getting started forum, and let us know where we might start to help you out? There will be plenty of folks more than willing to jump in and see what they can do. Let us know how we can help.

Good to have you with us, and glad you came!

Hi Justin,
Man don't fill it in! It's easy to learn how to maintain it and it's cheap too! Pools are a great way to end a day of busting out a couple of 20 point 8 ways or making that big-way multi-plane formation at sunset (or having to hitch a ride because of a bad spot!). It don't get any better than a pool at the end of the day.

Start in Pool School with the ABC's.. not much to it really. Easy Stuff!

Good Luck

DivinDave
USPA, D-17203

Yeah, I'm draining (half) my pool now my CYA was 180 and chlorine 0. Shocked it and it turned green! So I am starting over pretty much and not trusting my pool store. They tried selling me 60lbs of calcium that I "needed" last week. I didn't buy it and instead just put about a bucket full that I already had. This week when they tested, surprise my calcium is fine.

Where do you jump Dave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a shame you had to get a new liner than drain again....and you don't need to worry about calcium in vinyl pool.

Don't even think of filling that pool in with dirt!! Let us help you get yourself organized and on track and you'll see how easy and cheap it can be to manage.

Yippee :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unless he has a heater...then he needs to maintain a minimum of 225 ppm of calcium (in most cases).
This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would the calcium level impact the metal in the heater? Really the most important thing is to keep the pH in check, if that gets too low it will certainly damage the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.