Price of MA (muratic acid)

Just curious.......what is everyone paying for a gallon of muratic acid. My pool store of all places seems to be the cheapest but they are still going up and now at $4.60 per gallon (18.00 per case of 4). Is Muratic acid the least expensive way to bring down PH. I have always needed to add MA every few days to bring my PH down, I never seem to have to raise it. Lowe's is $6.00 per gallon, hardware store is over 6, etc. I just want to make sure that everyone uses MA for ph reduction.

Last time I bought some, it was about $9 and some change for two 1-gallon jugs of it. I have only seen it offered in boxes containing the 2 1-gallon bottles.

It's what I use to lower pH as well. I add about 9 oz. of it to my pool every 4 days or so as long as the pool temp is above 60 degrees. When it cools off, I don't need it as much.

Muriatic acid comes in a variety of strengths so it is a good idea to check what you are getting. Some of the stores recently changed to 14% MA but kept the prices the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.