How much Clorex

SBT, welcome to TFP. We can help you with question, but need to know your CYA level. That's going to drive where your FC should be as noted on the Chlorine/CYA Chart (link in my signature). But I can say for sure, even without knowing your exact CYA level, it's low. Very low. Can you post a full set of results?

Also might be good to review Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry so all of this makes sense. Nice to have you with us.

Thanks you guys. I have tried the calculator a couple of times and cnat seem to get it to work. I also do not know what CYA is.

Right now I'm just using a kit that tests only for Chlorine and PH along with test strips. I'll get a full kit upon a visit to the US next week. In the meantime, my numbers are:

TA: 120
PH: 7.2
Free Chlorine: 2
Total Chlorine: .5
Total Hardness: 500

SBT, when you go to the Poolmath calculator , you'll see two columns (NOW & TARGET), so you'll enter your numbers into each row as applicable. When you do, look to the right of each row and you'll see an explanation. It's a "busy" chart and can seem overwhelming at first. Just take time with it for now and experiment. Make sure you enter you pool volume in gallons at the top, and enter (type) the type percentage of bleach you are using. As you move the mouse curser over each item to the right, it will give an explanation at the top. Hopefully that will help you.

- - - Updated - - -

These 3 links are VERY important as well:
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.