Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Was wondering why my chlorine kept going down. My Stenner is moving... then at closer look (5 days later), it's moving but level in tank hasn't moved. Disconnected output and nothing dripping... I had one extra tube and replaced it, now all seems to be working well. What is the expected life of the tube? It's been about a year and a half, old tube "seems" OK but is kind of mashed, so maybe nothing or very little getting through. Just curious about expected maintenance. Going to order a 5 pack from ChemWorld (best price with shipping). One of the rollers is also a bit tight, but rotates. Other 2 rotate freely.

Thanks, will make it an annual ritual. I read somewhere saying not to lube the rollers (they probably want to sell you parts). I pushed some Teflon grease in there, but doubt it does much good since you can't take them apart. It's rotating. I've been diluting 8% down to 4% for the winter, but it got warm so early, now I just want the level to run down so I can go full strength. Running it 6 hrs where I normally run it 3. With pool at 86, it's still not keeping up. Time to start stocking up for the summer!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There are two tube materials, Santoprene and Versilon. For sodium Hypo (aka Bleach) you want Santoprene. It's rated "A".
I'm curious too. I use MCCP201, nothing on site says what it's made of. I ordered from here: Stenner Pump MCCP201 Tubes

Does have another tube called tygothane. What I got looks exactly like what was supplied with pump.

Edit: After looking at the compatability chart it lists Sanoprene and tygothane, so I assume the main one is sanoprene.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it advisable to put the new Stenner tube into hot water to make it more pliable before installing it? I am coming up on one year of use for my Stenner and will be replacing the tube soon. I have removed and re-installed the tube that came with my Stenner a few times so I know how to collapse and expand the rollers. Just wondering if it might be a little easier if the new tube was pliable.

Unless it specifically states the elastomer, it's highly likely that it's going to be Santoprene.
Versilon replaced Tygothane. It's supposed to be a little better choice for the chemicals that Tygothane was intended for. If you go directly to the Stenner site, you'll see the latest listings. Places that are still offering Tygothane are using up old stock.

While Stenner doesn't recommend heating the tubes, it certainly would hurt anything to heat them a little. I wouldn't boil them though.

Curious about the "injection fitting", does it have a check valve? When I disconnect the output tube it's like a fire hose when the pool pump is running. But the Stenner does seem to overcome it's pressure.

Do you have the high or low pressure model?

The high pressure model has a check valve, and the low pressure model has a duct bill style check valve. Either should stop the flow at the low pressures you normally see.

Take the fitting apart and see if there's a piece of debris in it.

Do you have the high or low pressure model?

The high pressure model has a check valve, and the low pressure model has a duct bill style check valve. Either should stop the flow at the low pressures you normally see.

Take the fitting apart and see if there's a piece of debris in it.
Mine is 3gpd fixed. Has the "injection fitting". Took it off and it's just a thru hole. I guess low pressure doesn't need a check valve. No "duck bill" (it's shown with the check valve version in the manual).

I'm probably going to be setting up a stenner pump soon to feed chlorine into my pool, and I'm concerned about the annual maintenance I hear about these things. Is it mainly just the tubes?

Would periodic flushing of the tubes with clean water help to prolong the life of the tubes?

I'm probably going to be setting up a stenner pump soon to feed chlorine into my pool, and I'm concerned about the annual maintenance I hear about these things. Is it mainly just the tubes?

Would periodic flushing of the tubes with clean water help to prolong the life of the tubes?
One of the best purchases for my pool (other than my Aquabot 4wd and Poolskim). I check my fc once a week (at most). Add a few gallons to my 15 gallon tank about every 2 or 3 weeks. In 2 years I've changed the tube twice. Not sure about flushing with water. The 1/4" tubing is cheap, if it has issues, just change it. Only thing I noticed is tank can get cloudy or gets some gunk building up. Next time my level gets below 1g, I plan on flushing the tank out with water.

One of the best purchases for my pool (other than my Aquabot 4wd and Poolskim). I check my fc once a week (at most). Add a few gallons to my 15 gallon tank about every 2 or 3 weeks. In 2 years I've changed the tube twice. Not sure about flushing with water. The 1/4" tubing is cheap, if it has issues, just change it. Only thing I noticed is tank can get cloudy or gets some gunk building up. Next time my level gets below 1g, I plan on flushing the tank out with water.

I was afraid of having to rebuild the pump annually, or something along those lines. If it just needs a tube change, I could probably handle that. I think I'm going to go for the Stenner, I just need to place the order and pull the trigger. I'm thinking I'll do a 5gallon bucket though, so I don't have to store too much out in the heat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.