Easy Touch for Intellibrite or Separate Intellibrite Control

mgmoore7

Bronze Supporter
May 9, 2015
Land O Lakes, FL
My PB by default installs the Intellibrite LED light and the Intellibrite Controller. My PB by default installs a basic timer control and hayward equipment...

I had him change / upgrade to all pentair equipment including the EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 - Single Body (includes SCG integration & IC40 cell) so that it would have solar, SWG and expand-ability in the future and this was cheaper than buying the solar contoller, SWG and standard power box all separate. I do not have a spa but do have 2 bubblers, and 2 sheer descents and a few massage jets, plus the normal items.

I was not planning to purchase a separate Easytouch wired or wireless Control Panel at this time. Not purchasing automated values at this time except for solar but solar should run on its own for the most part.

I will be adding 2 other outdoor lights from the Easytouch panel that could be controlled by it if desired.

So the question is:
Do I have the PB hook up the Intellibrite to the Easytouch or the separate controller?

Maybe I will get a wireless Easytouch Controller later or I would need to have the wired one wired now but i will be several hundred more than the Intellibrite Controller.

Compare the cost of the Intellibrite controller+hookup to the cost of the Easytouch indoor control panel+hookup. I say this because i assume you would want some ease of use with regard to the Intellibrite. Your only control for the light now would be at the equipment area. If your light is a white only LED, it could be a simple on off controller (light switch at the house), and you wouldn't really need either controller for it.

My advice, although may be more expensive, would be to keep all controls centralized.

I suggest you seriously look into the Pentair Screen Logic 2. It gives you the ability to control everything from your PC. Once you have it, you'll wonder how you lived without it. A good, but very simple example: Before I had Screen Logic, and I wanted to turn on my pool light, all I had to do was go the outside Easytouch control panel and push one button. But wait.. When would I want the light on? At night of course. Well, it's dark at night.. No problem, just turn on the pad light which is the button right next to the pool light. So, in order to turn on my pool light I had to take a flashlight with me, just so I could push a button on the EasyTouch.

With Screen Logic, I just use my mouse on my PC, no flashlight needed. Get Screen logic now, and you can thank me later!!

I agree with Pool Clown.. "keep all controls centralized"..

Jim R.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE INTELLIBRIGHT CONTROL! That thing is a piece of junk. I've had to rip more out than I'd like to admit. Best to take advantage of the built in control interface for Intellibrights on the Ez-Touch. I think though that you may run out of circuits with the Ez-4 with all you want to put on it.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE INTELLIBRIGHT CONTROL! That thing is a piece of junk. I've had to rip more out than I'd like to admit. Best to take advantage of the built in control interface for Intellibrights on the Ez-Touch. I think though that you may run out of circuits with the Ez-4 with all you want to put on it.

I would get the Easy Touch 8. You will always thinksof new things you want to add which will take additional relays. For instance, I have 3 Intellibrite lights, one in the spa and two in the pool. I have my Easy Touch 8 set up to control the spa light and the pool lights individually. That way I can have mabe a red light in the spa and blue light in the pool, or any combination I want. That takes two relays right there. Add a Stenner pump or additional lighting and that is another relay. Go with Easy Touch 8, you wont regret it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would get the Easy Touch 8. You will always thinksof new things you want to add which will take additional relays. For instance, I have 3 Intellibrite lights, one in the spa and two in the pool. I have my Easy Touch 8 set up to control the spa light and the pool lights individually. That way I can have mabe a red light in the spa and blue light in the pool, or any combination I want. That takes two relays right there. Add a Stenner pump or additional lighting and that is another relay. Go with Easy Touch 8, you wont regret it.

I would agree but my budget is already being stretched and we don't have a spa so that limits some of what we need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.