Help! Looking to build a new pool but overwhelmed with options

Mar 21, 2016
South Louisiana
I have pretty much decided on a fiberglass pool due to upkeep being slightly more manageable while price being slightly less expensive than gunite. However I am having a hard time finding a company that I'm confident in using. I have only found 2 in my area: Southeast Louisiana. Also, I thought I wanted bubblers but have been told I need deck jets to create the noise I'm looking for (to drowned out traffic). Another confusing part of this is the decking: I can't decide whether to do brushed concrete or Spraydeck. Anyone out there with sound advice on these things? It would be greatly appreciated!

The hole and setting the shell in the hole and making sure it is level is the hardest part. IF you can find someone that has done it successfully then you are good.

You can get one of these to make noise in your pool BUT you need to know that anything that makes noise with the water will push your PH up in your water.

Amazon.com : Splash Pools 30700 Waterfall Pool Fountain : Swimming Pool Pump Accessories : Patio, Lawn Garden

Or you could just get a pretty premade waterfall to turn on as wanted outside of your pool.

Now on to fiberglass be easier to maintain.........ANY pool can be easy to maintain with the right equipment--------a GOOD test kit being the main thing! No matter what kind of pool you get having a good test kit will make it VERY easy to take care of.

Here is some light reading to help you understand the ideas behind TFP.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It will seem overhelming at first glance BUT someone is almost always here to help you understand anything you have questions about.

Most of the stuff you need to take care of your pool can be bought at Target and Walmart........how neat is that???????

I hope this is helpful to you. I look forward to seeing you move ahead on your pool build.

Kim

Thanks so much! I'll be reading up a lot on this site, I can tell. And I LOVE Walmart so happy about that part. I should mention that I plan to get a freeform fiberglass with spillover spa. The company I plan to go with has done many pools (per website) & my hubby checked them out to make sure all of their pics were originals. I'm having a spillover spa wrapped with stacked stone, deck jets with LEDs, bubblers with LED. I'm just not sure if everything included is what I need for cleaning & maintenance. This is what the impromptu bid showed:
Fiji
Spill Over Spa

Heat Pump H/C
Bubblers in Steps
Deck Jets
Travertine Coping
Waterline Tile
LED lights
700 sq. ft of concrete with spray deck

Verbally it comes with: sand filter & saltwater system (no vacuum but he recommends Dolphin). I haven't signed contract yet but will do so soon.

Welcome to TFP,

I second the Dolphin. Its something you might as well get top of the line of when you do. Included with the entire build cost, it's a no brainer. Let us know how it goes, we always love a new build.

Lets move you over to under const as that is really what you are doing. Here is more for those that have pools already and need to learn how to care for it.

Make sure to link to the build thread here when you start it please! I want to keep up with this one!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.