PoolCleaner's node

Dec 30, 2015
San Jose, CA
Hello
I had another 2-wheel suction drive PoolCleaner of HAYWARD in my pool, should the node (marked with a RED arrow) be floating on the surface? Or is it OK for it to sink into the water (on the bottom of the pool)? I wish the node (it is quite heavy when full of water inside) wouldn't do anything bad to my vinyl, but it is made of plastic anyway.

Thank you!

Kevin

It looks like you have it connected to the end of the second hose, it helps if its connected to the end of the first hose.. I bought a cyclone and it floats at the top...

Sometimes connecting to end of second hose helps keep the hose from tangling in the leaf catcher. At least this is the case with my daughter's leaf canister and The Pool Cleaner setup. I think it's a matter of how it works in your pool.

If you want the leaf catcher to float and it has a handle on it - you can cut a piece off a pool noodle the length of the handle, slice it lengthwise half way through and place it on the handle. This works best if the pool noodle already has a round hole lengthwise through it. And it helps keep the hose from tangling in the canister too. Cheap, easy, quick - and it works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.