Intex Ultra Frame Round 26' Build

It's actually been pretty easy so far, taking it slow and steady, the pool doesn't really need to be up for another 6 weeks. The hardest part that makes everything hurt is yet to come which is skimming the last inch or two to make the 615 sq ft level with the lowest point. And that kick sod cutter for the grass on the left side of the photos. I hoped I would never see that thing again after last year but I guess that isn't gonna happen.

It's actually been pretty easy so far, taking it slow and steady, the pool doesn't really need to be up for another 6 weeks. The hardest part that makes everything hurt is yet to come which is skimming the last inch or two to make the 615 sq ft level with the lowest point. And that kick sod cutter for the grass on the left side of the photos. I hoped I would never see that thing again after last year but I guess that isn't gonna happen.

You are making me flashback a few years when I did ours... Was sooooo not a good time [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes! It's a little late for that nonsense. And I like snow.

We had a month of rain when we tried to get the ground prepped for our install. I'd get one or two pavers level and have to put everything away because it would rain again. Bought the pool the end of May and it didn't go up until July 4th. Hope that white stuff melts soon for you!

Well the snow has pretty much melted over the last few days, everything is a pretty soggy mess though. We dug the stump out by hand, it took a while. It wasn't as bad as it looks though, the roots only went down a few feet and just spread out horizontally. Fortunately it was in a location that had to be dug down anyway so there was no filling back in a hole.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dirt removal is done!

Low side was only 1 - 2 inches, just enough to remove the sod.

High side was a different story, the highest point is 19"!

Many thanks to TFP for the water level idea. Mine is a little more simple, one end is stationary and tied to the fence. I set a low point and put the other end of the level on that and just made a pencil mark on the post. As long as every point in the pool area matched the original mark everything is level. It really isn't necessary to nail a yard stick to the post.
One important thing I noticed is that the water level can change with temperature. One morning at 35° compared to a sunny afternoon at 65° the water level dropped about 6" and the next cold morning it was back to where I started the first morning. I think the hose expanded just a TINY bit when warm which caused this. It wasn't a problem, I just checked into my original low point about every half hour and made a new mark on the post if I needed.

Brought in the sand, ended up being about 2" deep. I used the 2x4 with a level method to really get the sand leveled out. I checked it with the water level and it actually got the sand very close.

On to tamping and leveling again and tamping again. Also I placed the pavers. I put together the top ring to get their placement as close as possible.
I put the pavers out a few inches from center to compensate when the legs get pushed out of vertical when the pool is full of water. I also have the pavers below the level of the sand about a half inch, I didn't want them to ever come in contact with the liner.

I checked the legs with a level as the pool was filling to keep them straight. Once it's half full you really can't move them much anymore. It is important to put the pavers out a few inches from being centered because the legs will move out a little.

I rigged up a hose to the filter so I could get it running while I waited for the water to reach the outlets. Also have a sock with 4# of CYA hanging in front of the return.

Ended up taking 34 hours to fill up.

Wooohoo!! I remember filling up mine after all the work... Best feeling was getting in it [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Can't wait to get in, probably won't be till the first of June before it's warm enough.

I have a feeling this pool will be a never ending project, already on my wish list is a retaining wall on the dug in side, pea gravel or something around the pool, thru wall skimmer, upgraded filter and pump, solar heating, deck of some kind and I'm sure I'll think of other things

For anyone reading this and trying to figure out how to best put one of these up there is one thing I would try different.
I would try putting the pavers in after the pool is constructed, like how they did in the video I linked in post #14. The reason I say this is that it was really hard to get the pool centered on pavers that were already in place. Currently some of the legs are close to the middle of the paver but there are many that are slightly sliding off a side or back of the paver. I did keep them level as the pool was filling but they do push out a few inches when full. I put half pavers next to the inplace ones where it looks like the legs are slightly sliding off so it should be fine. In the fall when the pool is half drained I plan on re-centering the pavers with the legs.

For anyone reading this and trying to figure out how to best put one of these up there is one thing I would try different.
I would try putting the pavers in after the pool is constructed, like how they did in the video I linked in post #14. The reason I say this is that it was really hard to get the pool centered on pavers that were already in place. Currently some of the legs are close to the middle of the paver but there are many that are slightly sliding off a side or back of the paver. I did keep them level as the pool was filling but they do push out a few inches when full. I put half pavers next to the inplace ones where it looks like the legs are slightly sliding off so it should be fine. In the fall when the pool is half drained I plan on re-centering the pavers with the legs.
I used the top rail as a guide for.my pavers, adjust by about 3" to allow for the movement when filling. Our ground is much firmer than that in the video, have the pool in the way would have made it difficult to manuver. (It was easy to the railing back and forth.) I only had one paver close to the edge. I think it was the first one I did. The video was nicely done, but most of us don't have more than 2 people putting up the pool, that guy had a whole crew, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.