How low can pH go?

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
What's an acceptable level to have pH for a short amount of time? I'm lowering pH to lower my TA. I'm getting the pH down to between 7.0-7.2 and then raising with both my water feature and salt system. Is it ok that my pool sits at that pH range for a day or so while I let it naturally rise up when I run my pump at night..... or should I be running my pump all day to raise my pH faster?

Do you have metal in the pool (hand rails, heaters, etc)? If so, try to only go to 7.2. It's ok to sit at 7.2 for a while, just don't go lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Matt is right, it's best to shoot low for 7.2. What do your other parameters look like normally? If you don't have some hardness in the water, the lower you go, the more threatening it is. That said, don't panic if you overshoot to 7.0 at some point.

Matt is right, it's best to shoot low for 7.2. What do your other parameters look like normally? If you don't have some hardness in the water, the lower you go, the more threatening it is. That said, don't panic if you overshoot to 7.0 at some point.
I haven't done a hardness test lately but I can guarantee that the water is high in calcium. It always is here in the desert.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.