Patio Furniture Recommendations?

Mar 14, 2016
Orlando FL
Hello, just finished my new backyard pool and patio area. I am now obsessing over which type/style/brand of patio furniture to buy. I am going to need a dining set, 4 chaise lounges, 4 counter height stools, and eventually a seating area. I would like to find cast aluminum furniture where I can get all the pieces from the same collection so it all matches.

Is cast aluminum a good choice? I want something that will not rust and last a long time. Also, I don't want to break the bank. I went in to Palm Casual and I could have dropped 10K in a heartbeat. Home Depot has more reasonably priced sets but I don't know if they will last...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, gatorboy

We usually have good luck at Target. Some years are better than others. We have 8 sling chaises from Target purchased in spring 2013 that are holding up great, we move them under cover in winter. They were only 60 or 70 bucks each. We also have found nice stuff for cheap at the grocery store and some of that is more than 10 years old. This year Home Depot has nicer stuff than Lowes. It varies each year for some reason. We bought some new wicker stuff at HD this year. The main key is to sit on it to see if it is comfortable. It is amazing to me how uncomfortable a lot of that stuff is. I agree, stay out of the patio furniture stores that stuff is way expensive $$$$$!!

If you want to invest in some GOOD stuff (or do as I do and buy a few new pieces each year) I'd suggest the TREX line-

Trex® Outdoor Furniture™ | Stylish, Comfortable, Durable Outdoor Furnishings

I have the loungers, the Adirondack chairs, conversation table and side table. Not cheap but extremely durable and classic styles. This year I'm looking to get another dining table set from them.

Lowes also carries *some* but not a lot. If I buy online it often is cheaper, but Lowes gives us a 10% military discount so I always try to check there.

Look at Berlin Gardens products. Recycled plastic that looks like wood. Hose it off once a year and good to go. Not cheap, but we've had ours 5 years and it's like new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.