Is there any sense in a one-time spring heating?

I have an in-ground pool with spa and gas heater and an automatic cover, about 10k gallons.

In the spring, the weather warms up, then it seems to take the water forever to 'catch up' to the current weather.

Is there any merit to the idea that a one-time heating of the pool could be beneficial in an ongoing way, if the heat was retained due to warmer weather?

Or am I kidding myself, and the water would be back to the same temp it would have been within a day or two?

I suspect that it will drop down again as long as the night temps drop below your pool temp. I have nothing to back this idea up with though... If you do it, keep track and let us know how it works. I recall reading that if your daytime temps are 90, and nighttime 70, your water will hover about 80. Of course the autocover will help but how much... I dunno?

Your signature lines appears to need some updating too ;)

It is your wallet so............if you want to try it do so. With your auto cover it MIGHT hold in the heat overnight. Try it and see what happens one night. Make sure to let us know what you find out!

Kim

You are in the perfect area for solar. I have used solar during this time period before and have gotten my water temps into the mid 80s but it does take a couple of days of warm weather.

I turned my solar on a week ago and the kids were swimming yesterday. Water was over 80. Weather has been a bit warmer here though.

Solar plus a cover will heat your pool right up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.