Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a goldline/aqua rite unit. Going on 2 years this month. I am not getting any trouble codes, but I noticed when generating on one polarity... Volts 28.2, current 1.59, salt 1700. On the other polarity: volts 26.5, current 3.88, salt 2900. I pulled the cell off and did an acid clean ( first time and there was some buildup). But after the clean, same thing. Has anyone else had this issue?

That's unusual for a two year old cell.

Can you post all diagnostics?

What cell do you have?

Maybe the cell type got changed? (Edit) If the cell type got changed in the settings, the instant salt reading would change but the amps should not change. Seems like a bad cell. Maybe it's still under warranty. What are the first four of the box and cell serial numbers? The box should start with 3A13 or 3A14. The cell should start with 3E13 or 3E14. (End edit)

Looks like the cell is bad. The T-5 is a smaller cell (by plate area) and it won't last as long as a bigger cell, like a t-15. You have a two year warranty on the box and cell. If it was installed within two years, you can make a warranty claim.

If it's out of warranty, you would do better to go to a t-15 cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.