Quick pump replumbing question

Mar 21, 2011
I am replacing the connections to my pump with black high-temp union fittings due to a leaking high pressure output side. I will be replumbing the inlet, outlet, and putting a union fitting on the inlet of the filter. I will be putting new pipe from the pump to the filter to clean that area up a bit. My question is regarding the pump. Once I cut the input pipe and output pipe, will the pump be free moving or is it anchored to the pad somehow? I just want to be sure that I can slide the pump forward a bit because it looks like the union fitting will require it (It is sitting on top of the inlet pipe)?

View attachment 45823

In my case, the plumbing connections were made first, allowing for movement, then (last) the pump was anchored with some screws in my composite material pad. But it's not uncommon to have a little bit of lateral movement with the PVC to the pump.

I would say focus on attaching the PVC first. Make good water-tight connections your #1 priority, and then only after the PVC is done, worry about attaching the pump to the pad. As Jason noted, it's probably not really necessary. Pumps are heavy and not really going anywhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.