New pool build, Blackwood, NJ

Mar 18, 2016
Blackwood/NJ
Signed contracts on Thursday for a 18x35 IG free form "Mountain Pond" vinyl with sundeck and xtreme slide. Met with the layout guy today to finalize some details, still need to choose a liner. Hope to be breaking ground early April. I will be posting pics throughout the process.

Attachments

• Maschke top view.jpg
    Maschke top view.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 329
  • Maschke top east side.jpg
    Maschke top east side.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 333
  • Maschke rear.jpg
    Maschke rear.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 326
Looks good! What a nice big yard you have to work with. :)

Addendum- I was looking up your SWG because any time I see "blue" mentioned in pool chemicals or equipment, I wonder if they have copper or silver in it also?? On the SimpleBlue webpage it doesn't appear so, but it certainly is misleading as it never mentions that the salt will produce chlorine. It touts that the system sanitizes "naturally".
Please ask your pool builder to confirm if it does or does not contain copper or silver? We discourage the adding of metals to pool water for many reasons.

If you go with the SimpleBlue SWG, I would also suggest going with the 40k gallon version. We recommend getting SWG at least 2x the size of the pool so the cell isn't challenged to make enough FC, and you can run it less. Cells have a limited lifespan on them and this helps extend it.

Looking at the brochure, it says it uses a conversion cell to convert salt to chlorine. The conversion plates feature a 10,000 hour commercial grade ruthenium coating., I will double check with the salesperson though. They tried to steer me toward a smart care water purification system. I opted for the 1/2 price salt system.
Looks good! What a nice big yard you have to work with. :)

Addendum- I was looking up your SWG because any time I see "blue" mentioned in pool chemicals or equipment, I wonder if they have copper or silver in it also?? On the SimpleBlue webpage it doesn't appear so, but it certainly is misleading as it never mentions that the salt will produce chlorine. It touts that the system sanitizes "naturally".
Please ask your pool builder to confirm if it does or does not contain copper or silver? We discourage the adding of metals to pool water for many reasons.

If you go with the SimpleBlue SWG, I would also suggest going with the 40k gallon version. We recommend getting SWG at least 2x the size of the pool so the cell isn't challenged to make enough FC, and you can run it less. Cells have a limited lifespan on them and this helps extend it.

I understand and appreciate your concerns, 3 and 5. It's a slight concern of ours too, however, with door alarms, water alarms, strict rules and a constant watchful eye, we are confident we won't have any issues. It's seldom, if at all they are out back without one of us there with them now.
How old are your kids? It worries me in that they will not be able to play in the yard unless an adult is out there with them if there is no fence around the pool. Just something to think about.

Kim

The mommy in me comes out when I know there are kids around. I HAD to say something. It looks like you are well aware and have plans in place.

They are going to LOVE having a pool and you will love how tired and ready for bed they will be after a day of swimming! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, you think it took a long time but I think you did VERY well time wise! It looks great!

Have you ordered your test kit yet? The TF-100 is available from Amazon, Pool Supply World and TFTestkits.net

Enjoy the new pool this summer! Cheers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.