Opened...first numbers with my band new TF100

Opened the pool last evening. Lovely clear water and 49degrees. Just some minor debris, couple leaves, lots of spiders and some fine dustlike sediment. As the water level came up with all the snow melt and rain the water rose half way up the skimmer, so the water in the skimmers warmed and we did get a little goopy in there. I ran the pump overnight (SWG off) and tested with my brand spanking new TF-100 this morning.
FC- 1.5
CC- 0
pH- 7.4
TA- 70
CYA- 65
Salt- 1800ppm (Aquacheck strip) 2200 at the SWG unit
Temp-50

We're pretty low on the salt because when I closed last year, I drained below the returns. But when I looked at it, it just looked soooo low. After capping everything off I refilled halfway between the returns and the bottom of the skimmers. Our CYA was pretty high at the end of last season, so that's why it's still 65 after the refill.

My plans-
1. Add 200 lbs salt. I'll probably need to add another bag or so. I have read threads about cold water and SWG readings, so I am going to go with the strip results. On a side note, our Walmart now carries the white bags, only 80cents more than the blue bags, so I splurged for the quicker dissolving stuff.
2. Start the SWG to bring FC up to around 5
3. Bring up CYA to 70-75

Anything else jump out? I don't think I'll do anything with the pH as it tends to drift upwards a bit with the SWG. Should the bit of goop in the skimmers concern me? I cleaned them out...any need to shock?

Hey, Andrew,

You might want to wait another week or so and test CYA once more. You're awfully close at 65ppm and, for a variety of reasons, you just might test 70+ in another week.

Those are very nice opening numbers....good work! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.