Hello from MN

klynch494

Bronze Supporter
Aug 28, 2015
Twin Cities/MN
Hello all,

(I apologize in advance for the long winded introduction)

Just taking a moment to introduce myself, as I have to admit that I've been lurking around here since last summer. My family and I acquired a pool when we moved into a new house back in June, and since then, I've been soaking up your plentiful knowledge and actually used the BBB method at the tail end of last season upon discovering it.

Like many others, being a first time pool owner, I was a bit intimidated and even questioned the home seller before closing on the house. She was great about making it seem like a piece of cake, told me that she was actually the one who took care of it, and offered to remove it from the property if it was going to affect the sale; so glad I didn't, as I have 3 kiddos that begged to be in it everyday last season. She left me detailed instructions on maintaining it, info about the different equipment, and the name of the pool store she used to purchase her chemicals and opening/closing kits from...but thankfully I found this site early on and know better than that. :)

Despite having proven myself as a decent novice handyman, my wife was a bit concerned when I told her that I was going to be dumping her laundry bleach into our pool. However, I think she has came around as she has never once complained about our crystal clear water.

So thanks for all of your success, failures, and other experiences that have led to a wealth of wisdom and knowledge. I especially enjoy watching all of the pool builds. I will unfortunately have to wait a bit longer to open our pool since the Minnesota winter has left a sheet of ice on the pool that still continues to slowly melt...almost there! A little eager (we'll call it being prepared), I just received my TF-100 test kit in the mail yesterday and can't wait to clean and SLAM it for the season opener.

Cheers!
-Kevin

As soon as I can I will Yippee, debating on troubleshooting the heater soon to get the extra few months out of it.

I see in your profile it says you are retired military...first and foremost, thanks for your service! My dad served 21 years in the Marine Corps. Secondly, are you still a trauma RN? I work in EMS as a full time firefighter/paramedic for the city that I live in.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This is what I LOVE to read! Someone who gets it and has learned so much already!

I bet your wife loves how tired the kids are after swimming all day! (maybe not the food bill to fill their tummies up though :rolleyes:

Kim

This is what I LOVE to read! Someone who gets it and has learned so much already!

I bet your wife loves how tired the kids are after swimming all day! (maybe not the food bill to fill their tummies up though :rolleyes:

Kim
Kids are 14, 9, & 5...boys are the two oldest. We are definitely in the "raiding the cupboards" stage. Luckily we save money on pool chemicals ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

KLynch- Skippy (my other half) says thanks! He served in the USArmy from 1969-1995. He's in charge of most of the manual labor of the pool. I (Yippee) handle the chemistry and supervising him ;) (And yeah, I thrive on trauma drama)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support