So my pool is crystal clear. Here are my numbers:
FC-3.6
CC-0
pH- 8.0 (just added about 10oz. Acid)
TA-100
CH-190
CYA- 40

Sat index-0.4

Other than adding the acid, I don't think there is anything to mess with. I did increase SWG to 60% to generate more Cl.

Any thoughts?

For your SWG pool, your CYA should be more in the 70-80 range to protect your valuable FC produced. And you already noted, FC is a bit low as noted on the Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart. Raising that CYA should help retain that FC in the future. You can also allow your TA to come down a little more over time as you add acid. The lower TA will help you keep pH down as well. Hope that helps.

0e98661240537e72dacc25f08ff3dd65.jpg

Ok dropped the pH to 7.0 and now I am aerating to bring back up. Thank for the help al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is Zoey. She will be 12 this year. She is my ole lady as we call her. She partially tore her acl 2 years ago, since she was 10, we elected not to do surgery and see if it would re stabilize enough for her to get around. We lucked out and it did. She just cannot jump. So she has a little bit of a hard time getting in and out. But she does swim. My other girl, is Bella, she is not in this pic and she is going on 7 and she will not stay out of pool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just ran through one cycle: dropped pH to 7.0 using 31.45% acid from Home Depot. Used my sheen decents to aerate to bring pH back to 7.8 and TA is now down to 80!!!!! Excellent! This website is a total godsend! My Taylor K-2006 is amazing. If you read my posts during my build, my previous home had a pool, it was build in the early 90's and was well maintained when i took over. However, I knew nothing about pool care. I did not have a lot of problems, however when I did, i relied on the pool store and it cost me a lot of money. I am so excited to have found this site and forum!!!!! Thanks to everyone for the solid advise!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.