Newbie from NJ

Mar 18, 2016
Blackwood/NJ
Hello, Just signed contracts last night for our own backyard oasis. It's been 10 years in the making, but we finally pulled the trigger. As it stands now, we are planning a polymer free form vinyl liner 18x35 3.5'-5.5' deep with a 9' sundeck and extreme slide. The pool builder has specified Pentair 1.5 hp pump and DE filter as well as a simple blue salt system. Tomorrow they come to do they layout which should give us a better vision of how it will look. We are super excited to say the least.

Eric

That's great Eric. Welcome to TFP! :wave: When you get a chance, go ahead and add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

If you've spent any time on our site, you know we highly encourage you to do your own testing with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006, so be ready for that as well. If you have any questions about the site, or if we can answer any questions in advance about your project, please let us know. Have a nice weekend.

welcome. i agree with texas splash that you should do ur own testing (even if you hire a pool maintenance person). as many members have posted on this forum, no one every cares about ur pool as much as u do. i recommend taylor's K-2006C complete test kit that u can get on amazon.com. the kit is very well organized and has excellent instructions. u will become comfortable testing very quickly once u start doing it. if i can do it, anyone can!