23 x 39 Free Form Pool depth question

jeffnsheila

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2016
Friendswood Texas
We are in the beginning phase of our build. (permits) I thought we were all done with most of the major decisions. Then this morning we thought about our decided upon depth of 6' toward one end and has me wondering. I am 6'5" and the wife 5'8", the pool is a free form design and is not really set up to be a sport pool. We are not going deep or big enough to make it a diving pool. Mostly a party pool for friends and family. My question is for those of you with similar designed pools , is 6' too deep since most people are not that tall? The wife threw out 5'6" as a better depth for the majority of people that would be in the water. Any opinions on this would be great, thanks in advance.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,

Welcome. Our pool is mainly a cool off and enjoy a cocktail pool! Our deep end is a little under 6'. For clarification, are you talking actual water depth or depth of the pool itself? The difference is that you will not fill the pool up to the top. The skimmer height dictates the level of water in your pool. I hope this helps and there will be plenty of others who will chime in.

Our pool is rated at 7', but filled-up more to about 6 1/2 ft. Still, it's long enough to where we can play volleyball and stuff by just standing. But Jeff, it really boils-down to what is good for YOU TWO. While we would like to please everyone, you and the wife are the ones who are paying for it, cleaning it, maintaining it, etc, and you want no regrets later. Get what you want, and I guarantee others will still show-up with a towel and love it. :)

I didn't want diving either and we go to 6.5 feet of water. My wife wishes it was shallower so the slope to the deep end was more gradual. I'm happy with the 6.5 because when my kids are adult sized teenagers but still acting like kids (cannonballs etc.) there is an extra space for landing. Plus I'm with yippieskippy on floating :) If you don't anticipate a lot of adult sized kids then I'd go for the 5' 6". 6 footers can stand and your wife can be ok on her tippy toes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.