Smart Pools?

Yeah, I'm curious about anything a bit beyond just controlling the pool. Sensors play a huge role in current smart home technology. THere's so many things I could think of that I would want to know about my pool: water level, clarity, perhaps knowing when someone is in the pool (safety for children).... and most importantly, something that can provide more inside into the chemistry of the pool and perhaps auto adjust

There are several devises with sensors that can tell you pH and chlorine content (through ORP levels) and automatically adjust both to a desired setting. The trouble with these products is that they aren't completely reliable due to fouled sensors and interference from some pool chemicals.

Due to the potential for these products to fall out of calibration or provide false readings, nothing takes the place of routine and frequent manual testing.

I've been looking for a sensor that would talk to my wifi network and let me check my pool temp when I'm not home, but so far the only things I've found are the lillypad sensor which uses bluetooth. The epool which had awful reviews and I think uses some kind of receiver. And an Oregon scientific sensor that would talk to your weather station, but it appears that it is no longer being produced. The Oregon scientific one was the only one that would have an option to check in on it remotely.
I did a search for zwave + pool and got some sensors to come up that way. Let us know if you find anything good and what you wind up putting in. I want a home automation system eventually, but right now I just have the GE wireless light setup.

I would love a sensor pack with water level and temp. (I would love it to do clorine, ph, salinity as well, but understand the limitations of current equipment). It would seem easy enough to do, I just don't know of anyone who has done it yet.

Speaking of Nest, I recently installed a Hayward OmniLogic system and I noticed when controlling the system via the website (not the iOS app), under settings, that there is a tab for setting up an interface to your Nest account. I'm familiar with Nest products from our last house, but do not have any installed in the current house, so I can't test the OmniLogic to Nest interface options.

M0xn1Op.jpg

The Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System that I have installed is wireless and has Z-wave in it.. I am not using the Z-wave but there are people that are using it to view air and water temps and pump, light or SWG system status online..

MultiWave Basic: PE653RC

on page 38 of the MultiWave Programming and User Guide is all about the Z-wave use

and with a z-wave camera you could view water level and probably set up an alert system for motion/people in pool
Z-Wave Security Cameras - Z-Wave Products

As stated before, the top three pool equipment manufacturers have automation systems that can do just that. I can control all aspects of my pool through my pool from anywhere in the world.

This includes temperature, heater set points, valve positions, salinity level, automatic acid additions for pH control and SWG run times and percentages. I have an auto filler so the water level is irrelevant.

The only thing I can't do through my phone is clean the skimmer baskets and do a cannonball.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.