Hello from Chicago! New pool owner

Mar 17, 2016
Villa Park/Illinois
Just purchased a 18x33 oval pool with a Hayward EC45 DE filter, Hayward 150k heater, Vision Pro inline chlorinator. Purchased it from great escape and was wondering are those sufficient pump and heater sizes?

It has yet to be installed due to weather conditions. They said it was free installation but I have to pay for sand and if they have to dig more than 3 inches it's like $30 an inch.

I plan on building a deck towards one end of it. Is it ok to put all of the mechanicals under the deck? Or is that to much of a pain to work on filter and heater then?

I still have a ton more questions but gotta start somewhere! Looking foward to hearing everyone's input.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

1.5hp pump is a little big. A 2 speed 1hp pump would be better. You could run it on low most of the time for filtering and high for vacuuming. You would save a lot of $$$ on electricity.

If you put the equipment under the deck will you be able to life the top off of the filter? I would not like it due to having to be bent over while working on the equipment. I would also worry about any water that comes out might wash the dirt away from the deck posts.

Maybe you can make a "room" from the equipment by the deck to help hide it? Share some pictures and I bet someone will be able to help you come up with a few neat ideas.

Kim

If you put the equipment under the deck will you be able to life the top off of the filter? I would not like it due to having to be bent over while working on the equipment. I would also worry about any water that comes out might wash the dirt away from the deck posts.

Maybe you can make a "room" from the equipment by the deck to help hide it? Share some pictures and I bet someone will be able to help you come up with a few neat ideas.

Kim

This is what I was thinking about for the deck. I need to keep everything on the side where the stairs are at. That is the closest side to running my electric and gas. http://i.imgur.com/n1pvSTA.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 16