Sherlok - filter to pool return

Jul 14, 2011
I'm replacing an old filter that has some structural issue...I inherited the pool and equipment with the house, so I didn't buy the filter or I'd have more information. It's a Jacuzzi Bros product - it's branded "Oasis" but it has the markings, look, dimensions, and product code of a Sherlok-80.

I can easily get a new Sherlok body, or just buy a whole kit (probably the way I'd go), and attach it the existing pump which works like a champ. I already have a compatible interconnect assembly to hook the pump up to the filter, but I'm not sure what I'm going to need to run a hose from the filter back to the return. The model I have now either (a) has an output as part of the body mold for the return hose to connect to or (b) is so old and tired that it used to be a separate assembly that doesn't appear to be removable anymore.

Looking at the pictures of the body and of the kit, I don't see that there the output is a molded part of the body. This wouldn't bother me, but also don't see any sort of return connection assembly included with the body or kit, nor can I seem a part that I can buy separately for that function.

I've had a few spot issues here in the past, and you folks have never led me wrong - hopefully someone can tell me what I'm going to need to get the new filter hooked up to the return?

Unfortunately, I don't have the old filter body any more...it was tossed out with an early spring cleaning I did in the garage.

Essentially, though, the question is as simple as "how does one connect a SherLok-80 filter to the pool return? Is there an interconnect assembly I need to purchase separately, or does the filter body have the output as part of its molding even though I don't see it any of the images provided by e-tailers?"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.