New Install Kinda

Mar 17, 2016
Sonora, CA
So long story short bought a house with a sunk in Doughboy. Been in the ground for many years. I replaced the liner in 2004 and had a small cave in which I fixed adequately. Uncovered last week to find a larger cave in. Because of this, I have decided to replace the pool. After much research, I have purchased a Medallion Freedom pool. My plan is to cut away enough concrete to be able to bolt the panels together and assemble the walk out stairs. I don't want to completely remove the concrete because of cost and the concrete is in good shape and serviceable. Once installed I will pour concrete to the receptor coping of the pool. I have also ordered an Aquatrol salt water generator. I will post pictures of the journey and any input would be appreciated.

The starting point.

IMG_0466.jpg

Look what arrived today!!

8f8ebae6389a91d84a41161fd00beb6d.jpg
63b4fe88f76f484e593abbf14f2330f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
d679f8c786a9668e93fbd81b9366d141.jpg

I've been super busy lately and have not had a chance to work on the pool until today. Rented the concrete saw and made my cuts around the pool. Still have to make the cuts for the stairs and then the real fun begins. Have to break up the concrete, dig out all the dirt and haul both away. Hopefully that will give me enough room to bolt the new pool together. Good thing I have a skinny teenager. :)

Hey, I know your busy with the build but don't leave us hangin'! Preparing to install the same pool at our house probably a month away from getting to the pool as we are building some retaining walls as the pool will be built into a hillside.

I'll be watching for your updates!

Thanks!

Sorry for the slow posts. I have been working a lot lately(in my real job) and progress is slow. I have removed most of the concrete and dirt. This took two days with a mini excavator and lots of wheel barrow work. This is a huge job and I'm doing it myself with some help from my son. I also had to remove an old concrete collar from the doughboy. Ugh!!! Jackhammer and will power. I'm just about ready to start installing the steps and walls.

572c34bacb878437e26cbaaf76fa5ade.jpg
d932f99276ec57c6ec0e7ab30ed6614e.jpg

On a different note. For all you cement people out there. Is it feasible to pour new concrete up against old concrete? It doesn't have to be perfect as I'm going to coat it with concrete paint.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.