New Install Kinda

Not too much to report. Slow manual labor now. Almost finished hand digging the step area. Have to use the jackhammer on the clay and then touch up with a shovel. Ran into a large Boulder that I'm having trouble with. Spent about 45 minutes trying to dig it out. Jack hammered some of it but it's big. May just have to break the top off and see if it's deep enough. Ugh!!

9d1e4626c6f5794a8ad45074b559f08e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some progress today. The boulder is way to big to remove without dynamite so we proceeded to spend two hours digging, jack hammering and sledge hammering. We broke about three inches off the highest point and removed two big boulders that were with the giant one. We also got the steps roughed in. I need to level the steps and then I can start putting up the wall panels.

b09935861e4014479cbceeb55b53f1c4.jpg

It will be about a foot deeper in the middle. I think I have broken enough off of the boulder to give me the clearance I need. The flat thing is a piece of concrete, I still have to break it up and remove it. I will prep the bottom by removing the excess dirt and then putting down about four inches of sand.

More progress today. Starting to actually see a pool shape, well maybe I'm just optimistic. Putting the panels down is interesting. Loosely bolt panel, level with pavers at seems, roughly get measurements on center and then move to the next one. I have to excavate all the way around due to this pool sitting flush in the ground. Slow but steady wins the race!!

e1af7104bddc8f9ae67aad93df5e0671.jpg

Some more progress. They buried rocks when the back filled the old pool so every panel requires digging out some of the wall and the rocks. Ugh!! Should finish the panels this week. Then on to final leveling and then I have to figure out how I'm going to get behind and bolt them all together.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hire a skinny teen? come up with a "nut holder" that someone can put the nut in and put it over the bolt from the top side while you are inside with the bolt. hummmmmmmmmmmmmm thinking here. Weld a box wrench to a sturdy rod that is long enough to reach the bottom hole?

I am SURE you will come up with something!

Uggggggg on having the dig out the left over stuff...........why, oh why do people do things like that? So lazy!

:kim:

Excuse my ignorance as this might be a dumb questions, but is that an in ground pool that comes together like an above ground? Or is it actually an above ground that is put into the ground?

You can do either one. It is made so you can fully bury it in the ground. It will have an aluminum coping that you pour the cement up to so it will be all the way flush in the ground. Just google medallion pool.

You can do either one. It is made so you can fully bury it in the ground. It will have an aluminum coping that you pour the cement up to so it will be all the way flush in the ground. Just google medallion pool.

Ah ok. I'm new to pools and have only heard of the Radiant pools which sound similar.

Okay, a small update. Have been working a little here and there in between getting my kid off to college and the hot weather. All the screws are installed thanks to my skinny wife.
909fa1e044193607d2d94ab4aa24c98a.jpg

There is 510 bolts and that's not counting the top and bottom straps which have 8 screws each.
76a2eacbccd603ec10325fc7e2c6adf0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.