Hayward c7030 small hole in output elbow joint

jamfro

Mar 17, 2016
conroe,tx
There is a hole in the elbow joint it look drilled out but i don't know why it there. I've attached a picture and am wondering if this was done by design or manufacturing error.
Jam

Attachments

• Hayward hole elbow.jpg
    Hayward hole elbow.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 29
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Where is that pipe going? What is it for?

Sure looks like that hole was put there intentionally, but I am not sure why. :scratch:

FYI, that is a DWV fitting which is not designed for pressure applications. Usually best to avoid them and use schedule 40 PVC.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll try to explain a little better. that pipe in the picture is the factory made pipe that came inside my hayward pool filter c7030. I guess hayward needs some better mechanical engineers, if that's the case. It is part of the post filter, so I will call it the exaust pipe, after that connects to the piping that returns the water to the pool. So basically that hole allows a little leakage of the filtered water back into pre-filtered water, or worse allow prefiltered water to bypass the filter. Either way it doesn't seem desirable.
Jamey

I'm puzzled.. When I look up a parts breakdown for the C 7030, this appears to be an inlet pipe, not output pipe. Also when I look at pics of the actual pipe, it appears to be a one piece pipe not what you seem to have. So maybe I'm looking at the wrong filter, or maybe the pipe you have is a homemade POS...

Is this a new pool? Where did the filter come from? Who installed it?

At first glance, as the inlet pipe, I can't see where the hole would make any difference at all. Are you having a filter issue or just cleaning it?

Something is just not right...

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.