TF-100 options

wmmallette

Silver Supporter
Mar 8, 2016
New Albany, Mississippi
How can I know what options to the TF-100 test kit I should get for the type of pool I am building?

I am ordering the TF-100, plus the speed stir and the Taylor Salt test kit since I will have a SWG.

I am building an approximately 30K gal., vinyl liner pool with a SWG. Do these seem like the best option or are there any other additions, I should be considering?

-Mickey

Mickey,

I think you have it about right. The speedstir is a terrific addition.....everyone loves it.

Many folks get the XL option to double up some of the reagents but it is more pointed towards someone with a green pool.

For your new pool, I think I would get just what you are already considering.

I'll second the idea of back up magnetic beans. I will admit to the stupidity of having tossed a few away by accident when hurling the test tube contents into the grass. Ugh! You'd *think* they would be easy to find in the grass...but not so much in the juniper, monkey grass, mondo, yada yada yada. Get an extra bean.:rabbit:

I now keep one for each test tube also, so that I can move right along with my testing without having to stop and clean up one tube to get that bean out. I do all my tube cleaning out at the end.

My test kit arrived today. What tests should I do on my water before my pool is built, or should I?
You can test the fill water for practice. Check chlorine, pH, TA, CH. You won't have any CYA, so save the reagents.

That'll tell you if you're likely to need to have acid or borax or baking soda standing by. A lot of us never ever have to add anything to raise TA or pH, so if you're one of us, there's no point in having a supply onhand. With a vinyl liner, you'll never need to buy Calcium Increaser, but you should know the CH number so you can be aware of the potential for scaling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not on a well, but I am on a rural water association and have had some instances of brown water in out house. I thought it might be helpful to see about metals.
The Tf100 doesn;t have a metals test. But you'll know quick enough when you start filling. You may see rust sediment or the water may look yellow or green, or it may look fine but turn green as soon as you add bleach. Worry about that if it happens. It can be dealt with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.