Sand in pool

Feb 14, 2016
Boynton Beach FL
Hi. I am a new 12x24x52 intex ultra frame pool owner. I get what I think is sand from my sand filter in the same spots of my pool. Is this not from my sand filter because I vacuum it everyday and it is from sand in the water or what. If it was a leek I think their would be a lot more. Its the same amount in the same place every day. Any suggestions

Welcome to TFP!

Pretty easy to figure it out. First step is to gather some of it up in your hand and see if it is really sand. Dead algae can look like sand, but it has no texture. If it is sand, get a knee high stocking and tie it over your return port and leave it for a day. If there is sand inside the stocking, it's getting out of your filter. If there is no sand in the stocking then it's coming from someplace else. Could be wind, birds, a hole in the liner or bathers dragging it in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.