Why our heads are about to explode....

Aug 19, 2014
Shallotte, NC
My wife and I are walking around with pounding headaches.... and I just got graphic evidence as to why......

This morning, I looked into the skimmer and there didn't appear to be any water moving. I had the immediate "Oh, no, the pump", thought, then noticed the skimmer sock had turned an off-yellow color. I had to turn the pump off to remove the basket and found a 1/32-1/16 layer of pollen that had built up over a period of 24 hours. There was clearly a thick yellow "oil slick" on the pool yesterday, but I had no idea.... even though we have been vacuuming pollen sediment for a week or more.

I think this is the worst pollen season, ever....:brickwall:

Here in OK it is the worst I have ever seen, Just had to get a Z pack for the first time ever because I could hardly breath... Its so bad my allergy medicine won't even work, I am having to take the old standby Benadryl... Just crazy this early in the season...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Blaming Obama sounds good but I think it's from a mild winter. Water temp still 58 ish so I'm debating weather to suffer the pollen and take the cover off.

I'm going with global warming. We had nearly no winter..... some plants actually bloomed all winter; I've never seen that before. Virtually everything was budding out at the end of January. We've had one day below freezing since December 1 and I was never really able to close the pool, since the water temperature has only been below 60 degrees 17 days in the same period. In past years, frosts and snow wouldn't have been unusual, through the first week, or so, in April.

High today of 78 and pool temp is 74-75 degrees.

Yellow haze back on surface of pool.... I'm dumping the skimmer sock twice today....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.