Pentair Motorized Valve Actuator - Technical Question

Yes. There are 3 wires. One is "ground". If you apply 24 volts to one wire the actuator turns in one direction until the internal adjustable switch breaks the circuit and stops it. Apply power to the other wire and it turns the opposite direction.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I want to add a motorized valve to my Pentair 2 way manual valve that controls my pool overflow. I can run a wire from my Easytouch 8 to the motorized valve and use the extra ET8 valve actuator connection. My question is how would I operate it on my Pentair wireless remote control?

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I want to add a motorized valve to my Pentair 2 way manual valve that controls my pool overflow. I can run a wire from my Easytouch 8 to the motorized valve and use the extra ET8 valve actuator connection. My question is how would I operate it on my Pentair wireless remote control?

Simply set up a feature circuit called "Overflow" and assign that valve actuator to the Overflow Circuit - either A or B. If you already have 4 actuators in use (suction/return and 2 others) there is a way to use an Aux circuit to power a 5th actuator that I can describe if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to control a Pentair 2 way Valve Actuator directly without a control system by applying a specific voltage to the pigtail connector to get a full close or full open? If so does the voltage stay constant to keep a position?

Thank you!

The actuators work on the same premise that a 3-way switch operates. One "leg" always has power to it. To get the actuator to move in the opposite direction, the power is switched to the opposite "leg". The limit switches in the actuator disconnect the current from the motor once the desired position is reached.

Yes. There are 3 wires. One is "ground". If you apply 24 volts to one wire the actuator turns in one direction until the internal adjustable switch breaks the circuit and stops it. Apply power to the other wire and it turns the opposite direction.

Thank you very much! I Plan on automating 1 valve to control my deck jets. I have a Zwave home automation system I can control via app on my phone. I will add a Zwave controlled outlet, a relay, 12vdc Power Supply to plug into the Zwave outlet and trigger the relay and a 24vac Xformer. With your info I will be able to automate my deck jets on a budget. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.