Post El Nino Water Adjustments

santacruzpool

Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
After most of the rainy winter now complete I am getting ready to re-balance my pool water.

We had about 40" of rain at the pool here in Northern California for this past rainy season. Depending on when the rain hit I sometimes had the auto cover closed, sometimes I didn't. We had one storm that dumped a ton of water before I put the pump on the cover, so the water on the top of the cover squeezed about 4" of pool water right out the cover vault side...I just let the next storms re-fill the pool for free! Because of this my water chemistry is now a tad diluted compared to last summer. I wanted to double check here just to make sure I am doing this right. This is my first year with a pool.

Current Values:

FC 7.0
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 50
Salt 2600

CSI -.62

I am planning on upping the Calcium Hardness to 300, the CYA to 70, and the salt to 3000.

Is that all I should do???? Thanks!

I don't know that I'd bother adding CH. It's going to climb over the summer through splashout and refill. With it low like that, you can keep pH up above 7.6 and maintain a safe CSI. Plug the numbers in and see what's going to happen when the water warms up to 70 or 75.

I don't know that I'd bother adding CH. It's going to climb over the summer through splashout and refill. With it low like that, you can keep pH up above 7.6 and maintain a safe CSI. Plug the numbers in and see what's going to happen when the water warms up to 70 or 75.

Less work for me then! I was thinking we won't be doing a ton of refilling - with a autocover, we lose very little water. Our tap water is around 160 CH, so I guess it could slowly raise the CH. I did put my current numbers up, with a change of temp to 78°, in Pool Math and my CSI dropped to -.28

CYA and Salt looks like my only tasks tonight!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.