bottom drain not woking

Feb 26, 2016
florida
IMG_1752.jpg
this is a picture of my jandy valve that operates my skimmer/drain. My skimmer sucks water just fine, however the bottom drain is not. I put small floating debris next to the bottom drain and they do not get sucked in. I have played with the valve in every direction and I cannot get my skimmer to turn off or my bottom drain to suck. This is a new to me pool I just bought the home a couple months ago and installed a new pump and filter assembly. I'm not sure how to fix this or if I should just leave the skimmer to do all the work?

I don't see the valve.

The intake for the pump is the horizontal pipe that sticks out on the basket end. I see no valve there.

Typically, the main drain is plumbed to the bottom of the skimmer. Pull everything out of the skimmer. Are there two holes? Is there a diverter valve?

lovingHDTV-SkimmerDiverter.jpg
joenj-SkimmerDrainDiverter.jpg

If there are two holes in the bottom of the skimmer and you don't have a diverter or the diverter is set wide open, that's why the main drain does nothing. Even with full suction to the main drain, you likely won't see it draw much in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.