I used the test kit for the first time today. We took the cover off on sunday and the water was clear, some cloudiness. Yesterday we hooked up the filter and pump. Also filled the water to the correct level and cloudiness disappeared. Today we fixed all the leaks we had and had to get a new motor because the yr old one was shot. Ran the pump for about 2 hrs before testing.
These are the results:
I was not able to test FC and CC because the liquid never turned pink. When I used the taylor test it said .5 so I know I have to shock the pool so I'm going to put a gallon in. I have left over shock from last yr.
Besides shock what else should I add?